Save time and make sure your calculations are correct.
- Fast and simple: paste your data and click a button
- Mean, median, variance, standard deviation, skewness, kurtosis, percentiles
- Comparison vs. normal distribution
- Standard score (how many standard deviations from the mean) for any value given
- Frequency histogram and frequency table with a number of intervals you choose
- User guide explaining all the calculations
- Works in all versions of Excel
The main sheet with calculations and histogram:
The sheet where you enter your data. Click the “Calculate Statistics” button and you are done:
The macro automatically checks the data for any errors or formatting issues and displays a message with advice if anything is wrong.
The Descriptive Statistics Calculator package also includes a user guide, which provides detailed instructions to its use and
explains all the calculations and concepts one-by-one.
See overview of contents below:
Desc_Stat_Calculator.xlsm = default version (for Excel 2010 and newer)
DSC_for_Excel_97-2007.xls = Excel 97-2007 version
The calculator works in all versions of Excel starting from Excel 97 and including 97, 2000, 2002 (XP), 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 365.
Due to changes in statistical functions and some other features, users of Excel 2007 and older should use the Excel 97-2007 version of the calculator.
Every user gets access to both versions plus the user guide.
If you have any questions, please ask me.